Online WordPress Training Course Overview[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
This course is conducted online by an Instructor using Zoom.
Our 2-day comprehensive Instructor-Led Online WordPress training course will equip computer literate individuals with no web design or coding experience with knowledge and skills to design a complete professional WordPress website on their harddrives from scratch.
WordPress is free and open source software (FOSS).[dt_gap height=”20″ /]
Target Audience[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to save on designing a website or making changes to a website
- Those who have developed websites using Frontpage or Dreamweaver
- Those who want to move their static or Joomla or Wix or Weebly website to WordPress
- Those who want to know what WordPress is all about
- Those who want to be in control of their website
- Those who want a mobile-friendly/responsive website
Course Prerequisites[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
The only prerequisite is that you must be computer literate. We assume that you start the course with no web design or WordPress experience. Programming/coding knowledge is not required.[dt_gap height=”20″ /]
Online Training Requirements[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- You require at least a LTE/4G connection and 1GB of bandwidth for a 4-hour session.
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions.
Brief WordPress Training Course Outline[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
Below is a brief course outline.[one_half padding=”0 15px 0 15px”]
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: Setting Up a Local Web Server
- Module 3: Creating a WordPress Website
- Module 4: Dashboard Login
- Module 5: The WordPress Interface
- Module 6: Changing WordPress Settings
- Module 7: About Plugins
- Module 8: The Page Screen
- Module 9: Optimising Images
- Module 10: Creating Web Pages
- Module 11: Creating Posts
- Module 12: Creating a Menu
- Module 13: Inserting Hyperlinks
- Module 14: About Shortcodes
- Module 15: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Module 16: Creating a Contact Form
- Module 17: About Widgets and Sidebars
- Module 18: Themes and Appearance
- Module 19: Inserting an Image Slider
- Module 20: Adding Social Media Buttons
- Module 21: Styling the Home Page
- Module 22: Widgets Appearing With Certain Menu Items
- Module 23: Changing Page Visibility
- Module 24: Adding Font Awesome Icons To Text
- Module 25: Inserting A Google Map
- Module 26: WordPress Web Security
- Module 27: Backing Up the Website
Complete the form below in order to receive a detailed course outline.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"] [dt_gap height=”20″ /]
What You Will Get[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
In addition to the 2 days of training, your course fee includes the following:
- A detailed graphical step-by-step manual.
- Two months of free online support on what has been covered on the course.
- A digital Certificate of Attendance.
- The plugins, theme, and WordPress to start designing your website.
- 20 Professional themes.
- A guide on how to duplicate your live WordPress website on your harddrive
- Infographic on 50 features every website must have.
- We will register a .co.za or .org.za domain in your name for which we will pay for the first year. The cost is R100.00 per year thereafter. This you can pass on to a colleague or friend if you have already a registered domain. However, the offer must be taken up within 2 months of the course end date.
- We will host a .co.za or .org.za domain for 3 months at no cost to you on our Bronze package which has 1GB webspace. Thereafter it will be R25.00 per month. This you can pass on to a colleague or friend if you have already a registered domain. However, the offer must be taken up within 2 months of the course end date.
- Create 5 e-mail addresses. The participant will be responsible to set up the e-mail addresses on their laptops or computers.
- Sign up your website with Google Analytics and Google Search Console. You will get a weekly report on visitors to your, webspace, popular web pages, the time they spend on your website, the number of web pages they read.
- For those with WordPress websites, we will provide a report on your website within one month of your attendance focussing on the following:
- The speed of your website
- Checking if there are any broken links
- Checking the DNS settings (SPF, DMARC, DKIM, rDNS) which can have an impact on e-mail deliverability. Your e-mails might bounce or marked as spam if the settings are not correct.
- Checking if your IP or domain might be blacklisted.
Course Dates[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
The following are our course dates:
- 11 & 12 May 2021
- 22 & 23 June 2021
The course duration is 2 days and is conducted from 9:00 to 13:30 with one 30 minute break.
Course Registration[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
Registration for this course is open.[dt_gap height=”10″ /] [dt_button link=”https://flossnet.co.za/registration-for-online-courses/” target_blank=”true” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”small” style=”default” bg_color_style=”default” bg_hover_color_style=”default” text_color_style=”default” text_hover_color_style=”default” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”]Click Here to Register Online[/dt_button]
If you find the same course with the same content, duration and benefits cheaper in South Africa, then you can attend our course for free. Ts&Cs apply.